#PBG40 Making The Best of A Bad Situation…The Very Best
The old saying goes “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” I love lemonade and if life dropped lemons in my basket, I would most certainly make some lemonade. I’d make those lemons work for me in as many ways as possible with whatever I have at my disposal. After I squeeze out all that those bitter lemons have to offer, here’s what I’ll do:
- Water is the conduit that brings in The Spirit, so my that’s what I’ll put that lemon juice in…I will pray. The answers will come.
- I like my lemonade sweet, so I’ll add some agave nectar or just some plain ol’ sugar. I have Goodness at my disposal, despite and because of what Life has given me. I’ll make sure to mix it well.
- The fleshy bits of the lemon, those tiny pieces of the bitterness that we call “the pulp” can stay. They don’t work the same when they’re not cohesive, so they can be small reminders that things aren’t always as bad as they seem.
- Adding a little ice will make my lemonade cool and refreshing. Keeping cool will make it easier to deal with and I just may enjoy it more than I thought I would.
- Lemonade is perfect to share with friends, so I’ll pour out my newly made joy and share it with my loved ones. It was a popular drink and it still is.
- When I’m all done, I’ll throw the the rinds from those bitter lemons into the composter and break them down into something that will one day feed the earth and make life itself renew again.
Making the very best of a bad situation.